Wednesday, February 26, 2014

First Week of Interning

So it's been about a week since I first started my internship with Tattoo Manufacturing International, and I have to say, from the get-go, everything has been pretty great. The first day consisted of witty banter between my supervisor, Hannah and the IT department as we attempted to set up my work computer. That's right, I get my own computer to work on along with a decent sized desk. I hope you are very jealous. The rest of that day I spent writing my first blog post for the Tattoo Sales blog. I now know all there is to know about St. Patrick's day. Be on the look out for that post in mid-March if you want to read it. Though you all should. Who wouldn't want to read a blog expertly crafted by my hands?

The second, third and Fourth days of my internship consisted of me going back and editing the footer on every single blog that's been published. Seeing as there are over 400 published blogs, this is a bit of a task to handle. However, I am apparently the only person on the planet who thinks that copying and pasting things over and over gain is relaxing, so that's a plus. The best part of this task is that I get to go through every blog ever posted. I often find myself reading the blogs themselves, something that has made doing this take far longer than it really should. The blogs themselves are extremely interesting due to the fact that they cover such a wide range of topics. There are some that give useful tips on how to do certain thing while others talk about the history and safety of temporary tattoos. My personal favorites are the ones that give ideas on the uses of Temporary tattoos that I had never actually thought of myself. Of course, while it's embarrassing to say, I've never actually successfully applied a temporary tattoo on myself, so that may be why I never thought of them. Despite this though, people who have achieved something as simple as applying a temporary tattoo would still find some of these new uses interesting.

Anyway, what doing this work has taught me so far is that the blog, especially, is a fantastic way to interact with costumers, something that wasn't as easily available to companies before the internet. I personally enjoy reading and writing the blogs, and I'm sure you will too. If you want to check some of these out, the head over to blog.tattoosales.com. I'm sure you'll find something interesting over there. Also, this will be where the blogs that I write are posted when the right times comes. Be on the lookout for that.

In short, I've really enjoyed my first week here. I'm looking forward to what the following weeks will bring and what I'm going o learn from working here.

See you next week for another update!
Christian Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment