Monday, March 31, 2014

Social Networking Week!!!

For the last week or so, I've been doing a lot of writing of blogs for TMI. It's a surprisingly time-intensive project to make something that is interesting to read. I've had to do research on even the simplest of topics to make sure what I'm saying makes sense. Recently, in order to make a blog, I had to spend a few hours dyeing Easter Eggs and putting tattoos on them. It's fun, unsurprisingly, and has made these blogs my favorite part of the internship thus far.

My favorite thing about writing these blogs is not actually the creation of them. That part is actually pretty hard. I enjoy writing things, but when you have to write on one specific topic and make it interesting, that gets hard. what attracts me to the blog writing is the idea that someone will see them I am, essentially, at the front lines with these blogs when it comes to interaction with the Customers. Whether giving them some fun ideas on how to use temporary tattoos for Easter eggs of giving them a brief history of the traditions of Saint Patrick's Day, the people who are reading these are the people who have an interest in the company (or people who I direct to the site, but in the spirit of detailing my project let's forget about that for a second.)

In my mind, the people who read these are getting some kind of pleasure out of them. Maybe they were looking for an easy way to learn about Augmented Reality and they stumbled upon our blog that details how that technology works (TMI is working with CapriSun and putting Tattoos that work with an AR app. This is not a random topic. It's actually pretty cool). The idea that people are taking time out of their day to read what I have written is a great feeling. Not to mention that as a communication device, it's pretty cool as well.

As for what I'm doing this week: More blogs. I have a couple of blogs, written by me, going up on the site this week. I'll link them here (and  probably on Facebook too) when they go up. Please read them and tell me what you think. It's mean the world to me knowing that I did a decent job catching your attention.
(Also, ask questions on here. I'd love to know if people are interested in any aspect of my project)

Oh, and it's Social Media week for me! I'll be tweeting and Pinning and Flickr-ing (?) all throughout this week, so check out those as they come along. There may be a few Facebook posts as well. I'm sure my next blog post will probably be all about each social network and their strengths in the marketing world as I go through them this next week.

As for my project, I finally have an idea in the direction that it's going. More reading has to be done, and more investigation into the world of Social media and business in currently underway. If all goes according to plan, I'm sure I won't be disappointed about the final product.

That's all I really have to say here. I'll probably post next week. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment